Good Morning Everyone. Thank you for taking the time to visit this post to download your free pattern. I’m having an odd problem, it seems that there were 284 downloads of the free pattern yesterday, but only 227 page visits. You might not think of this as odd, but I do… and I am NOT happy. Part of my reason for not using Craftsy as the download page is because I want people to visit my posts. This has to mean to me that the direct download page is being shared versus people actually visiting my blog. I do not want to deny those who come here and are not sharing the post the ability to get there patterns freely, but having 57 people download without having visiting this post bothers me greatly. So I ask you, PLEASE, be respectful of anyone who offers you a FREE pattern. These patterns take time to make, they take up valuable resources. I do NOT use free artwork, I have paid for the artwork that is used in my patterns, and I would hope people would respect that they are getting good quality patterns with legitimate artwork used. If this trend continues, how this event works next year will change drastically. I do not mind if you share the link to this post, but please don’t share the direct download link.
The next part of this post deals with how this event works… Please take a moment and READ the following…. it concerns how downloads work for this event.
This event happens once a year, it has been on my blog for at least the last three years. I’ve done it the same way every year. So to people who are newer to my blog, I tend to forget that new people are always finding me and may not realize how things work.
- My free patterns are always linked to an image.
- Text links will almost always take you to a pattern that’s available for purchase, but I will sometimes link an image to this also.
- When free patterns are limited, they are always only available for 24 hours and that’s it.
- You MUST download the pattern because I will delete it, whether it’s on Craftsy, Payhip, Google Drive or here on my own site.
- I will not honor requests for patterns after the expiration time, once I remove that pattern it is gone.
- All of the patterns on this event are at payhip, if you end up at Craftsy, you’ve clicked the wrong link unless you intend to purchase an extended pattern.
- Do NOT share my direct download links, please direct people to the post instead, why would you make it easier for them, when the pattern is free anyway?
- People who don’t visit miss out on other things they may find at my blog, such as future events, or fun things I might mention in my post if you didn’t read it, you wouldn’t even know. I keep my posts small for a reason, I know that many people do not read, they just expect to find stuff, sometimes it pays to read a post.
Tips for downloading from Payhip. Payhip for some odd reason doesn’t like Mobile devices, Ipads, Kindles, or other small devices such as those. If you get the email for the download, please wait until your using a desktop or a laptop to download the file. If you don’t need the zip file (which always only contains the SVG files and the Embroidery files), then don’t download it, you only need the pdf. If you don’t own a desktop or a laptop, you can read the pdf on your Ipad or Kindle, but you do NEED to download the file, the files are only available for 24 hours and if you don’t download the file it won’t be available later for you to download. This is the second reason I don’t use Craftsy as my choice for offering limited free files. When you get the email to download if using this type of device, send the attachment to your Dropbox, Cloud Storage Sites, Google Drive, or to yourself in another email to download on your larger devices later.
I am sorry if I offended anyone, I had many questions in email yesterday and while I answered every single one of them, I thought it might be good to go over the details once more in the post so those of you visiting each day know the routine. I’ve also added a small part to my signature so your aware on each post from now on that every download is available only for the first 24 hours and then it is gone.
Today’s Free Pattern
Free Pattern download now expired, you can purchase it by clicking the image above.
Artwork for this cute pattern is from Embroidering Colors.
Past Free Patterns Are Available Below To Purchase,
click the image to go to those shop pages.
Buttermilk Basin is doing a daily event that started yesterday, you’ll want to visit each day to download the free pattern. They will keep 2 days on there page each day, then delete the oldest when a new part of the pattern goes up. They have beautiful patterns, you can still download the first 2 parts of the pattern. If your on there newsletter, you’ll get a daily newsletter to remind you.
Be sure you visit Janeen today if you haven’t already, Click the picture to visit her site.
Janeen and I are in different timezones, she is 8 hours ahead of me. I am in mountain standard time, so when it’s midnight for me, it’s 8am for her. I will try to have my posts online at midnight, but no guarantees, it may be 6am or so when they go online.
Please keep in mind, Janeen and I do this as a yearly event, both events have basically the same rules, the downloads are available for 24 hours only, and then they are gone. Janeen uses Craftsy as her download choice, I use Payhip. Mine are deleted. Janeen’s are still available if you made sure to take your pattern thru the cart at Craftsy. This is why you can download hers forever, but mine you can’t. You need to download my pattern.