This event is in it’s 3rd year hosted by Seams To Be Sew. It is my favorite event of the year.
It also happens to fall in the same month as National Sewing Month, declared by Ronald Reagan in 1982. Thank you!! I’d rather it be International Sewing Month, but I’m not going to quibble over it either.
I think I should tell you a little bit how this event works. If your experienced with blogging events, you already have an idea of how they work, so just ignore the next paragraph or two and scroll those eyes on down to the schedule.
This is an event like a normal blog hop, this hop has 42 bloggers participating in it.
The featured days take 6 weeks to complete.
The Row Along starts September 5th and ends October 10th, 2017
I call this a Row Along because the idea to start this came from a quilt along I was participating in at the time by Dreamworthy Quilts. Deanna, created really fun row quilts in a different way from how this row along works, but still it was where I got the original idea to try my own event at my site. At the time, I had never even heard of the Row By Row Experience and I gather part of that was due to the fact that I lived overseas, I shopped online, and hadn’t been in a local quilt shop in years.
Each year a new theme is chosen and we create patterns for our visitors to download during the event. After the event is over, it is left up to the designer on what she wants to do with her row. Some are left free to download, others go up for sale, others get retired. So it’s best to get them downloaded now.
The idea of this row along is that you visit the featured blogs on the designers featured day. Read there post, enter some giveaways offered by the sponsors, and download the pattern.
All patterns are in .pdf format. Some will be at Craftsy, some at google drive, others maybe at dropbox, or other services and some maybe right on the blog themselves.
If you have problems downloading pdfs, please be sure you’re using a device that allows you to download pdfs. People using cell phones, ipads, kindles, sometimes have issues with the downloads, so go to a laptop or pc desktop instead to download.
Their is nowhere to signup to participate. If you want announcements in your email, use one of the services on the right sidebar of my blog under “Follow Us On” or join the Facebook group or like my page at Facebook for announcements on what’s happening here at Seams To Be Sew. You can also subscribe to many of the bloggers below also to follow their pages.
Giveaway rules and guidelines are below the schedule and will also be on this blogs daily post during the Row Along.
The Christmas Caroling Row Along Schedule
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Show and Tell Day
Bloggers will be announced at a later date
Rules and Guidelines For Giveaways
Please take the time to read it.
- Giveaways offered by sponsors are assigned to the various bloggers for their featured day.
- There is no prior announcements on who is doing which sponsor except to the
- You’ll have to visit the blog or the featured blog to enter the giveaways. Not all giveaways can be entered at Seams To Be Sew.
- I will start announcing winners on September 12, 2017 and finish announcing winners on October 12, 2017.
- All winners must allow for their first name and first initial of their last name to be anounced on this blog.
- In most cases, the blog where you won at also will announce there winners.
- You must give a valid email address when you enter the giveaways, any email returned to me, loses the ability to win automatically.
- With the exception of Show and Tell Day, all giveaways run for approximately one week.
- You are given 3 days to answer the email, if you do not answer within 3 days a new winner will be drawn. Check those spam/junk mail folders, you may miss that winning email if you don’t do so because there are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you are notified that you are a winner, in most cases, you will need to provide your name, address, city, state, zip code, country, telephone number and email address.
- In some cases, you will be asked to comment on the blog to enter the giveaway… do the right thing and thank them for the time it took to create the pattern, thank them for the pattern and…
- Thank the sponsor by buying there products for the giveaways. This helps them continue to offer great prizes for these types of events.
Most of the giveaways are international shipping this year
in some cases, you will be asked to pay for shipping your giveaways.
I am not rich and I do not ask sponsors for money, they provide prizes only.
If they shipped the prize to me, you will be asked to pay for shipping.
All giveaways will be shipped that are in my home within 48 hours of my having heard from you.
Please note, every effort is made to protect the prizes. They go into a plastic bin when I receive them, and it is covered by an air tight cover. I have a dog in my home and I have a smoker in my home, so I do everything possible to protect the prizes.
Most companies are very good about getting prizes off to customers quickly also, but some companies are overseas, so please allow all sponsors a 2-week time period before you report to me that you still haven’t received your prize. When the company is overseas, it can take 6 weeks to 90 days for an item to also arrive.
Whether or not you read the above, the rules for giveaways are in place to protect everyone. I do not want to hear you didn’t read them, they will be posted on my blog daily during each featured day. There is no excuse for not reading them.