I’ve never really thought about all of the things that can happen over a year or so, but it really is amazing to see how things turn and evolve thru each day, week and month. Last year at this time, I participated in a linky party with Meadow Mist Designs.
Last year at this time, I was amazed that I had just over 100 posts for the entire year of 2015, I thought it was an amazing feat to accomplish, but this year, even tho I had a few low months, I still managed to beat that accomplishment with 166 posts to my blog in 2016 versus the 109 I had for 2015. I never thought it would be possible to be honest.. but I had a fun year offering events such as hosting blog hops, and even a second block of the week series during the summer.
So, my best of five well the first is very simple, finding out that other bloggers would also want to participate in hops and joining in to show off their beautiful projects. I enjoyed the entire year of this and it was so much fun to make some wonderful and new friends. I feel very blessed in such a wonderful community of quilters that people would open their hearts to new friendships.
Never in my dreams did I ever expect to actually meet two of them before the year ended, but I got the privilege to meet Theresa at Bumbleberry Stitches and Darlene at Quiltshop Gal after the biggest thing that happened to me this year with the move back to the USA in October.
Last Year, Seams To Be Sew hosted 4 1/4 blog hops (I say 1/4, because I found out I was moving just as Eerie Nights was about to start and I wasn’t going to be able to participate like I had planned, so Amy at Sew Incredibly Crazy took over for me), one Row Along and two blocks of the month/week events along with a dual event with Janeen at Quilt Art for December’s 12 Days of Christmas.
I’ve continued my post of Row by Row Free Pattern downloads by updating it in December, and am working on the 2017 Block of the Months being offered around the web, due to be posted on Monday January 02, 2017.
All in all, it’s been a pretty cool year…
So, the Best Top 5 here at Seams To Be Sew…
- Friends I’ve made in the blog hops hosted here at Seams To Be Sew.
- The Road Home Row Along with 40 bloggers participating this year, it was an overwhelming success and I’m looking forward to 2017’s row along.
- Sunbonnet Sue and Sam Travel The World, paired with the idea of the Olympians, this turned out to be a lot more fun than I ever dreamed possible. With over 600 patterns bloggers have created turned into the Flickr group and more coming, this has been a wonderful opportunity to see how others worked with my patterns.
- Moving home to the USA.. I missed it tremendously, and the opportunities that will come from doing so such as meeting people I’ve known just by blogging with them or replying to a comment is more than I could ever have hoped for.
- 12 Days of Christmas… WoW, what a great event this turned out to be, and Janeen’s village, absolutely one of the best opportunities to get to work with such a talented artist…
- and really, I just can’t not say Thank You enough to those of you who took the time to tredge out to your local quilt shops and pick up a Wooly Block kit for me. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You…
For 2017, I’ve decided to set some goals. Now that I’m home, and our belongings from storage are now on their way to Colorado, I’ll be able to dig into all my UFO’s and work on them, I can work on projects I started overseas that haven’t been finished, so I intend to sew far more than I have been.
I pledge to get to 200 posts, and I’d like to see my Facebook page get to 1000 likes… how cool would that be, it was only at 500 last February 11, and already now at 923, there is a real chance it will see 1000 likes.
To all of you who’ve put up with me and my little idiosyncrasies, thank you!! I truly feel blessed that you visit and enjoy my blog. I’m honored you take the time to leave a comment or send me an email.
Thank you also for buying my patterns. Every bit helps and now that we are back in the USA, it has truly been a blessing to have a little bit of extra income.
I hope for you all a New Year filled with happiness, blessings, and only good wishes. Be Safe, and Bless You All.
For visiting today, I have a little free pattern for you to enjoy.. make it and send me a picture…
Click on the image to download
Artist Rajiv’s Graphics
This pattern will remain free available currently on Craftsy
I love you all,
Seams To Be Sew