I love blog hops, they are so much fun and it is a great way for me to see things that people are doing around the web. I try to get to every site during a blog hop so that I can see what everyone is doing. I don’t normally just visit one post for there featured day, but I look thru the last few posts because it’s fun to see what they have been doing and especially sites that I don’t get to very often.
Novelty fabrics have long been a favorite fabric type of mine. See the quilt on the left? It is entirely made of novelty fabrics, every single square fussy cut and placed strategically on a design wall. The only repeated fabric in the quilt is the black small square that separates the dark from the light. Back in the 90’s as they grew very popular, I seriously bought every single one I could get my hands on. One of the shops I frequented in Fredricksburg, Maryland knew I would buy them and always precut a 1/2 yard of fabrics they got in for me. The cool thing about novelty prints is that you can use all of them or fussy cut them to create your project. A few weeks ago I was working on a project with novelty prints in it and it got me to thinking about how I had never participated in a blog hop with novelty prints as the main focus, so with that in mind, this blog hop came about.
Have you made a project out of novelty prints? If so, I’d love you to join me for this blog hop and show yours off. So, here are the guidelines…
I try not to make the guidelines of each hop difficult, but there are always some guidelines to follow in every hop.
- Your project can be new or old as long as it’s not been featured by you previously on your blog. Size doesn’t matter, Technique doesn’t matter, but you must feature novelty prints in the project. It is fine if you have other fabric prints, blenders etc, but the novelty prints should be prominent.
- Your post must be live by 3 am est.
- The logo for the hop is not required, but it is appreciated if you add it to your blogs. By doing this you’re letting your followers also know you’re participating in the hop.
- Your posts should include the other bloggers who are participating on your featured day. You can post all of them also, but try making that post a day or two before the hop begins and just include those who are participating on your day.
- My hops usually include giveaways from sponsors who so willingly give their products away. Please be sure you can use rafflecopter on your site, or that you know how to link to rafflecopter.com with a text link or image so they can enter the giveaway.
- If you don’t own a blog, but wish to participate with a project, please state this when you enter. You do need to understand you’ll be writing your post, providing images of your project and you need to have it to the blogger who will be hosting your post for you within one week of your scheduled post date so she can get it written up for you on her blog.
- If you join this hop and find you can’t participate, please do not be afraid to write me, being a no-show for a hop is by far worse than letting us know you won’t get your post written. The same goes for if you’re going to be posting late. Please just let me know.
- Entries for this hop end on April 19, 2019
- This hop will start on May 24, 2019.
- You can enter the hop by filling out the form below that I’ve provided. After you have filled out the form, you will receive an email that lets you know I have received your willingness to participate.
- You can download the logo here. The zip includes the image itself, with a text that includes a line to link your image to Seams To Be Sew.
If you’d like to keep apprised of future events at Seams To Be Sew and you own a blog or website, you can join this group here. You must answer the questions, if you don’t, you will not be approved.
If your a blogger who wishes to know about upcoming events at Seams To Be Sew you can join this group for news and announcements happening at Seams To Be Sew.
The PInterest group for this blog hop is here.
Please join here:
If you have previously been in one of my blog hops, you only need to do the relevant info in the form. I for instance already will have your contact and social media info, shop info, etc… If something has changed like a blog url, phone number, email address, please fill this info in.
I look forward to seeing you at Nifty Novelties.
I am an affiliate of the above companies when you click one of these links and purchase something, I earn a little bit of a commission with it. I use this money to help maintain my website and offer my free patterns to you. Every little bit helps, thank you so much for clicking and for your support. I don’t just offer up these brands to you I actually use their products and shop at these places. I would never partner with someone whose products I didn’t use.
Please remember it takes 2 minutes to comment, please say Thank You, whether you downloaded a free pattern, read a tutorial, or just learned something new. It takes time for people to write a post, take pictures, make a project or even write a pattern.
Let them know you appreciate it.
If your comment doesn’t show up after you post it, it’s most likely gone to the spam folder. I will see it and approve it, unfortunately, it just means something about your email address caught my spam filter’s eye.